You are here
How can I change my IP address?
Have you ever encountered this situation, even if the computer in the LAN is wired or wirelessly connected, sometimes there will be no network access, there is a yellow exclamation point in the lower right corner, and you may also encounter bandwidth restrictions and restrictions by the network management. Browse and other situations, these operations are usually implemented for IP addresses. To solve these problems and get rid of the restrictions, you need to change the IP address. How do you change the IP address? Here are a few ways to summarize:
Method 1: Enter the modified IP address from the network and the sharing center (take Window system as an example)
1. Click the network connection icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar, and click the "Open Network and Sharing Center" link in the window that opens;
2. Click the "Local Area Connection" link in the View Active Network column.
3. Open the "Local Area Connection Status" dialog box and click the "Properties" button.
4. Open the "Local Area Connection Properties" dialog box. On the "Network" tab, double-click the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" item in the following item list box.
5. Open the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties" dialog box. Under the "General" tab, you can set and modify the IP address and DNS server.
Generally, you can choose to obtain an IP address automatically. (Note: Automatically obtain IP address: After selecting this option, each time the system is booted, it will be automatically assigned to a dynamic IP address from the DHCP server. This address is the public IP address, which is the address information of the local computer in the WAN)
Method 2: The router modifies the IP address (see the router manual for the IP address, user name, and password of the login management interface)
1. Open the Internet Explorer browser (or any browser), type the management IP address of the router in the address bar (for example: 192.168.1.1), and press the Enter key.
2. Enter the username and password and click the "OK" button to log in to the router.
3. Expand the "Network Parameters → LAN Port Settings" item in the blue area on the left side;
4. You can modify the IP address by setting the interface on the LAN port. Click the “Save” button when you are finished.
Method 3: Use a proxy server
If you just want to access a web page, such as a web-based forum, etc., you might want to use a proxy server and use the IP address assigned by the proxy.
If it's not technical, you can't solve it, try contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and asking if they can change your IP address.